Applications and implications feedback
Applications and implications
From Assessment guide
Have you answered the following questions?
what will it do?
who has done what beforehand?
What will you design?
what materials and components will be used?
where will they come from?
how much will it cost?
what parts and systems will be made?
what processes will be used?
what questions need to be answered?
how will it be evaluated?
This is very complex project. Please, define just a set of functionality of your controller and limit it to that. After that you can progressively increase the functionality for the european project. For instance, I would remove for this controller the location of the base station. It is very important that you also show how it can be presented.
You use a lot of images: BE SURE THAT YOU HAVE THE RIGHT OF USING THEM at least they should come with the corresponding copyright note. If you are getting them from a paper, unless the paper have cc license, I do not think you are able to use them.
What will it do?
- Define the number of buttons and the type of sensors. This will provide a better clue on what you can do with the controller (what kind of interactions you can make with the VR system).
- What are you going to use from output week?
Who has done what beforehand?
- Good literature reveiw. Please, explain which of the related work gave you ideas, and how these ideas have influenced your design.
- You use a lot of images: BE SURE THAT YOU HAVE THE RIGHT OF USING THEM at least they should come with the corresponding copyright note. If you are getting them from a paper, unless the paper have cc license, I do not think you are able to use them.
What will you design?
- Explain which boards are you designing. Explain that you need to design also the mechanichs of the handheld.
What materials and components will be used?
- Which material are you using for molding and casting?
- Which electronics components are you using in the sensory boar`?
- Which electronics components are you using in the Controller board?
Where will they come from?
- Which materials comes from Fab Lab and which from external vendors
How much will it cost?
- Please, add estimated cost of most of the components.
- Please, estimate the cost of mdf, plywood, abs, that is of all material are you using.
What parts and systems will be made?
- Provide some kind of architecture diagram. Which PCBs are you using? How are they connected? How are they integrated in the mechanics.
What processes will be used?
- Describe the processes: 3D design, 2D/3D design, electronics design and fabrication ...
- You have twice this questions
What questions need to be answered?
- I see much more open questions, but those two are good ones.
How will it be evaluated?
- In this section you need to define the metrics that will lead to a succesful project. Which are minimum requirements? What would be a successful project for you?
- Yellow text is very difficult to read.
- Use I, instead of we.