Moulding and Casting
Here are the comments for the week: Have you? • Linked to the group assignment page. Not yet
• Reviewed the safety data sheets for each of your molding and casting materials, then made and compared test casts with each of them. Not yet
• Documented how you designed your 3D mould and created your rough and finish toolpaths for machining, including machine settings. Almost there
• Shown how you made your mould and cast the parts. Ok
• Described problems and how you fixed them. Ok
• Included your design files and ‘hero shot’ of the mould and the final object. Ok
Really nice work! Your design seems to be working well. In the circular pattern, I think there should be an image. Add the original file (.f3d) of the mold. You need to have the machine settings for roughing and finishing. Add an image where you select the material for the milling in Modela Player 4. Otherwise, you might have wrong default settings. Add link with an explanation to your page, where you present how to set up the SRM-20 for milling process. You seem to have some bubbles in your mold. Explain what you could have done to improve the result (e.g. wet surfaces with silicone with a toothpick). Add the group assignment.