Project Management. Let me know when it is ready.
Last week we have the PRoject Managemnet assignment. Please, could you estimate when could you have the assignment ready. There were a few comments from last year site:
Principles and Practice Feedback
About your website
- I would remove the text on the main page that you do not have written. You can add short description of what this website is for.
Final project website
- As Neil always says: Use the Final project page as a diary. Try to write something there each week, explaining how each week's assignment has contributed to your final project.
- At this stage you should have much more information in your project page. Please, define more clearly the functionality and the architecture of your system. Explain shortly how each week has contributed to the final project, and add a link to that assignment.
- Answer the question: who might use it? Explain in more detial the functionality
Principles and practices
- I noticed many typos. It is normal when you are documenting quickly. Nowadays, majority of text editor comes with a spell-checker extension. Please, use it and you will avoid 80% or 90% of the typos. Please, go again trough the text and correct them. A few of them that I detected:
From Assessment guide
- Read the Fab Charter
- Sketched your final project idea/s
- Described what it will do and who will use it
About me website
- Not that much information about you. You could explain the motivation you had to take Fab Academy. You could also provide some additional information on how to contact you
- It would be nice to have also some information about your motivation to participate in FabAcademy.
Description of the GIT process
- You need to explain everything in more detail. Pictures are not enough. Just comment the pictures explaining what you are doing in each picture. In particular explain:
- Explain in detail how you created the public/private key and how did you uploaded it to gitlab
- Explain the GIT workflow:
clone - pull -- add -- commit -- push
- Explain what each one of the GIT commands means.
- Explain in detail how did you upload your first version of the website to gitlab. Did you modified the yml file?
Description of the website
- There is nothing in the page on how did you built the website. You must include:
- If you used a web static generator application, give some short information about it.
- Tell which template/theme did you use. You must explicitly say that you have used the default template provide by FabAcademy (
- Show which configuration files you modified (e.g. how did you modified the
- Tell which editor did you used to modify the files
- Explain a little bit the structure of your web.
- It is very importatn that you mention which problems did you face and how you solved them
From Assessment guide
- Made a website and described how you did it
- Introduced yourself
- Documented steps for uploading files to archive
- Pushed to the class archive
- Signed and uploaded Student Agreement