Week 01: Principles and Practices, Project Management
Please use this issue to ask questions related to Week 01: Principles and Practices, Project Management part of the course. Notice that there are two checklists this week. You will get a copy of this issue on your GitLab documentation project to follow up with your individual progress.
Assignment: Principles and Practices
Plan and sketch a potential final project.
- Communicate an initial project proposal
- Read the Fab Charter
- Sketched your final project idea
- Described what it will do and who will use it
Assignment: Project Management
Build a personal site describing you and your final project, upload it to the class archive and work through a git tutorial.
- Explore and use website development tools
- Identify and utilise version control protocols
- Made a website and described how you did it
- Introduced yourself
- Documented steps for uploading files to archive
- Pushed to your GitLab repository
- Signed and uploaded Student Agreement
Is it OK to use someone else’s template to create my website?
Answer: Yes, if you acknowledge other people’s work. Show you understand how the template works by describing/changing parts of it.
Can I host photos and files outside the archive?
Answer: No. Photos should be resized, compressed and stored in the archive. Large files can be hosted externally, but they should not be essential to evaluate your work. See General Essentials. Remember that The Global Evaluation team should be able to pull and then assess your work offline.
What size should my website be?
Answer: In the order of tens of megabytes. Ideally growing at an average rate of 1-2 Mb per week. Read the General Essentials. Compress, resize, etc.