Commit fc703155 by Brigette O'Neill

Update final-project.md

parent 9631e64f
Pipeline #70946 passed with stages
in 20 seconds
# Final Project
There is a lot of spiral development that goes into a final project. You can't get everything done in the first few weeks, nor the last. You gotta keep going at a constant rate. Thats what my final project needs, at least. First, I sketched it out (see week one), then I started buying my materials just to fully visualize what I might make it out of. First, I went to McMaster Carr and saw some amazing things. The whole inside is so intricate and efficient. I ended up getting a few different types of foam from McMaster and a roll of copper sheets.
![](../images/mcmaster1.jpg)
![](../images/mcmaster.jpg)
![](../images/mcmaster2.jpg)
## Types of Foam
The types of foam that I got are Resilient Polyurethane Foam Sheets:
Ultra Soft, 12" x 12" x 1/2"
Extra Soft, 12" x 12" x 1/2"
Soft, 12" x 12" x 1/4"
Extra Soft, 12" x 12" x 1/4"
Ultra Soft, 12" x 12" x 1/4"
I'm thinking about using the Ultra Soft 1/2" for the middle piece sandwiched between the two copper sheets and two of the Extra Soft 1/4" to sandwich everything together. This will make it easier to bend. Later on, I might switch to steel just because the force of a volleyball might dent the copper, there by making it harder to use.
![](../images/mcmaster3.jpg)
![](../images/mcmaster4.jpg)
This week I worked on defining my final project idea and started to getting used to the documentation process.
......
Markdown is supported
0% or
You are about to add 0 people to the discussion. Proceed with caution.
Finish editing this message first!
Please register or to comment