Week 07: Computer-Controlled Machining
This issue is related to Fab Academy Week 07: Computer-Controlled Machining.
Assignment: Computer-Controlled Machining
- Test runout, alignment, speeds, feeds, and toolpaths for your machine
- Document your work (in a group or individually)
- Make (design+mill+assemble) something big
- Demonstrate 2D design development for CNC production
- Describe workflows for CNC production
- Linked to the group assignment page
- Documented how you designed your object (something big)
- Documented how you made your CAM-toolpath
- Documented how you made something BIG (setting up the machine, using fixings, testing joints, adjusting feeds and speeds, depth of cut etc.)
- Described problems and how you fixed them
- Included your design files and ‘hero shot’ photos of final object
How big is big?
Answer: Life size, big enough to show you understand many of the possibilities of CNC machining - drill, pocket, dogbones, nesting, etc.
Does it have to be wood or wood products?