Week 08: Embedded Programming
This issue is related to Fab Academy Week 08: Embedded Programming.
Assignment: Embedded Programming
- Compare the performance and development workflows for different microcontroller families
- Document your work (in a group or individually)
- Read the datasheet for the microcontroller you are programming
- Program the board you have made to do something, with as many different programming languages and programming environments as possible.
- Identify relevant information in a microcontroller datasheet.
- Implement programming protocols.
- Linked to the group assignment page
- Documented what you learned from reading a microcontroller datasheet.
- Programmed your board
- Described the programming process/es you used
- Included your source code
- Included a short ‘hero video’ of your board
Is it enough for the group assignment if we compare different microcontrollers in theory?
Answer: No, You need to program at least two different family MCU's.
Do I have to design and make a new board for this week
Answer: No, You can use the board you made in electronics design
If I adjust existing code, is that now my code?
Answer: If you use someone's else code as a starting point, remember that you must acknowledge whoever made it. See General Essentials. To succeed in this assignment, experiment with changing the code, understand how that worked, and write your own.
How do I prove I've read the Datasheet?
Answer: Point out things in your code and board design that you learnt from the Datasheet. Also point to other weeks when you used information from the Datasheet.
How should I put my code on my website?
Answer: As a file for download, same as all your other assignments. Keep your webpage tidy and easy to read.