Week 10: Applications and Implications
This issue is related to Fab Academy Week 10: Applications and Implications.
Assignment: Applications and Implications
- 2D and 3D design
- Additive and subtractive fabrication processes
- Electronics design and production
- Microcontroller interfacing and programming
- System integration and packaging
Where possible, you should make rather than buy the parts of your project.
Projects can be separate or joint, but need to show individual mastery of the skills, and be independently operable.
See Final Project Requirements for a complete list of requirements you must fulfil.
- Define the scope of a project
- Develop a project plan
Have you answered these questions?
- What will it do?
- Who has done what beforehand?
- What will you design?
- What materials and components will be used?
- Where will they come from?
- How much will they cost?
- What parts and systems will be made?
- What processes will be used?
- What questions need to be answered?
- How will it be evaluated?
The answers to the questions above will allow you to create your BOM (Bill Of Materials).
What does it mean by "what questions need to be answered?"
Answer: It means the things you need to figure out or learn to be able to make your final project
How do I know I have completed this module?
Answer: You have answered all the questions on "have you"-section and documented your plan for the implementation of the final project
Why do I have to answer these questions?
Answer: These are questions to help you plan your final project. Answer these and any other questions you think will help you do this